Why we're here...
"The arts are a challenging and under-appreciated field. However, I believe very deeply in the importance of creative work for individuals/communities and for social change. We need more art in the world - not merely for entertainment, but for the well-being of our communities, to reconnect to the self, and to foster a more universal and inclusive language. Being an artist is a constant risk, but one that is well worth the moments of inspiration that allow us to create, perform, share, teach and inspire."
-- Ruth McConnell, owner
If you are upbeat, friendly, (and positively fabulous) and are interested in working with our team, check out our openings below and apply today!
Walk-ins and phone calls will not be accepted.
Dance or Fitness Instructor
Floorplay Studio is seeking 2-3 motivated, enthusiastic individuals to teach adult, teen, or senior classes.
Dance Classes involve hip-hop, heels, pole, and/or cabaret.
Fitness Classes involve mat/aerial yoga, cardio dance (such as Booiaka), contortion, and/or conditioning.
Don't see your forte listed? Contact us anyway! We love new styles of dance and fitness. Keep in mind, however, we do not teach striptease or exotic dancing.
This is a contract (1099) job. You select your work and your hours!
Individuals selected for this opportunity must be insured, certified appropriately for your class offerings, and willing to attend an orientation program.
Who you are:
● Reliable, punctual, trustworthy, and completely dedicated
● Confident and love entertaining others
● Friendly, outgoing, and patient with a positive attitude
● Passionate about dance and fitness
● Friendly appearance and comfortable with your body
● Encouraging and able to make people feel at ease
● You hold a high regard for safety
● Dance, athletic background - degree/certification or equivalent experience
● Experience teaching groups
● Insured - proof of liability insurance (by the time you start)
● At least 21 years old
Floorplay Studio is no longer seeking a fabulous facility housekeeper!